Sewer Line Service – Common Causes of a Failed Sewer Line
A sewer line can fail for many reasons. Sometimes, it’s the fault of a homeowner and other times it’s an issue with the way the pipe was installed or is maintained. There are several ways a sewer line can fail, including:
- Damage from tree roots (especially if there is no tree root barrier)
- Burst pipes during freezing temperatures (the water expands and breaks the pipe)
- Overflowing toilets or running toilets that result in clogs that cause backups into the mainline
How Does a Plumber Repair or Replace a Sewer Line?
When a sewer line fails, you need to call a plumber right away. If you wait too long, then you could end up with even worse problems, like flooding in your home or basement. A plumber will inspect your home and determine what caused the failure so they can make an informed decision about how best to proceed with repair or replacement. The most common ways to repair or replace a sewer line include:
- Digging up your yard and replacing it with new piping
- Digging down into your yard and replacing damaged sections of piping
Contact Us For Sewer Line Service Today!
At Evolved Plumbing and Mechanical, we offer plumbing services to customers in Columbus, Worthington, Bexley, Westerville, and the surrounding areas. We are located at We pride ourselves on our responsiveness, attention to detail, and professionalism. Call us today (614)515-3101 for any of your plumbing needs in Columbus or the surrounding areas!